Pocket Scrapping Past Years | January 2015

So...I have been waffling back and forth with how to document past years and this current year. I think the family enjoys looking at the photos in a more clean and simple way as opposed to my more artsy regular scrapbooking style. Because of that I have been wanting to find a way to get the last few years at least done in a way that will be enjoyable for everyone! Enjoyable for me to create and and pleasing to look at from a design POV, because I do want it to look nice...and enjoyable for the family to look back and read the stories about. I *think* I have found my approach!

I am really excited to be on the creative team at The Lilypad. It's the best group of designers ever and the community is fabulous! Since joining, I have gotten to play with the Memory Pocket's Monthly. I wish I had tried these sooner!! They are amazing and have been such a time saver! I decided to use these and the same two templates and document monthly for 2015. Some months might just have 1 or 2 pages and others might have 4-6. I am not worrying about making them even or worrying about fitting a certain amount of photos in. I am simply documenting what I do have and then I will either print them and put them in an 8x8 album or in an 8x8 photobook. Easy peasy lemon squeezy! I am still working on my process for this year and I will share once I have that decided! For now, I thought I would start sharing my 2015 pages as I have them ready!

Here is January. January is the dullest most boring month in Indiana. It is too cold for anything! So there are few photos. Also, the baby was the only willing subject most of the time! I promise I love all the kids the same!! The two boys are just so begrudging about photos. Boo! Once the weather is nice and we can be outside, there are much more pics of the older kids as they don't pay as much attention to me when they are busy outside!

Both pages together:

Left:
(Image linked to my gallery at The Lilypad for full linked credits)
Right:
(Image linked to my gallery at The Lilypad for full linked credits)

If you have read very much on my blog at all, you know that I do really enjoy black and white photos. I think they just look so classic and I love that they stand out and I can use any color under the sun of cards and elements with them. It is perfect! I just really love the timelessness of it. I really love how clean and simple they are but also colorful! This process is working really really well for me! I will share more of my step by step approach to catching up another day. There isn't a lot to it, but I do have a method for getting my photos ready and the pages super easy to put together. This is all going so smoothly that I think I will even work on 2014! What?! I have never thought about working chronologically or going back because it seemed too overwhelming. This has totally changed my way of thinking!!

No comments

Thanks so much for stopping by! We would love to hear whatever you have to say!